Recorder of Deeds
Attention:Effective November 30th, at 4:00 PM, the base fee for all $75.50 and $64.50 charge types is increasing by $4.75, making the base fees $80.25 and $69.25. This is due to the legislature increasing the statewide judicial computer software fee we collect.
The Washington County Recorder of Deeds Office was established in 1781 to:
- Record deeds, mortgages, subdivisions, and other documents deemed by state law to be of enduring public value. Documents are recorded, indexed, verified, and scanned within the current business day
- To collect fees and taxes levied for recording the documents and distribute the receipts to the state, county, municipalities, and school districts in accordance with the law
- To assemble and retain the documents permanently for administrative, legal, and historical purposes
Subdivisions are submitted in mylar form. Signatures required on subdivision:
- Washington County Planning Commission
- Local Planning Commission (where applicable)
- Board of Supervisors / Borough Council
- Owners of subdivided real estate
Note: No document will be accepted for recording if the font size is less than 12.