About the Department
The Activities Department staff plans and coordinates programs of interest to meet our residents' physical, emotional, and social needs. Each resident is given the opportunity and encouragement to participate in programs of their choice to enhance the individual's quality of life. Some of the activities offered include:
- Exercise programs
- Board and trivia games
- Arts and crafts
- Religious services
- Bible study
- Social event, news, and discussion groups
Program Scheduling Information
- Outings (using the facility bus) are planned each month (per nursing unit).
- Special outings are arranged when possible for attendance at community and cultural events. Music opportunities include sing-a-longs, rhythm band, hymn sings, and the enjoyment of listening; video movies are provided and there is participation in the yearly regional spelling bee.
- Seasonal and special events, parties, and picnics are also scheduled throughout the year.
- Individual activities are planned for those residents who are unable or prefer not to attend group programs.
- Resident pets are regular visitors in the center providing a consistent, vibrant, and homey atmosphere. We now have a facility dog named Buster who visits with the residents five days a week.