The Sheriff's office has the following temporary hours for gun permits with no appointment necessary.
9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Please advise and remind that due to recent phone scams … that we do not contact persons that may have warrants or fines and request payments over the phone, or wire transfers, etc… and always check with their local sheriff office before making any payments.
The sheriff is the chief law enforcement officer of the county and is called upon in times of riot, strikes, patrolling duties, courthouse security, and the transportation of prisoners, juveniles, and mental patients.
- Conduct the sale of real estate and personal property
- Serve civil processes (lawsuits), PFAs (Protection from Abuse Orders), subpoenas, and other legal documents
- Issue licenses to carry concealed weapons, licenses to sell firearms, and licenses to buy and sell precious metals
- Serve criminal, domestic relations, and bench warrants
- Provide transportation for prisoners and dependent / delinquent children as per court orders
- Provide security for the county courthouse, properties, and county parks
- Enforce court orders and injunctions
- Enforce laws of the commonwealth and to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania